|Botanical Name:||Boronia megastigma|
|Geographic Origin:||Western Australia|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Conventional|
|Method of Extraction:||Enfleurage|
|Part of Plant:||Flowers|
Boronia megastigma Absolute is produced by the hexane extraction of the leaves and flowers of the tree. It is a viscous liquid which is dark green to orange-reddish-brown. It has fresh herbal, tea-like notes, with a fruity-spicy fragrance and a rich flora undertone.
Pure, natural, highly concentrated Absolutes are produced from delicate flower petals by very careful and gentle low temperature extraction procedures. Due to the minute amounts of oil present, this method is the only practical method of production. The intense labor involved with picking and processing as well as very low yields obtained, make absolutes more expensive than steam distilled essential oils.
5ml (1/6 fl oz)
AUROMA Essential Oils are the highest quality essential oils available in the world today. Each oil is from an individual farmer and from a particular year’s harvest. As AUROMA knows each of the Farmers, they guarantee the authenticity of each oil. Just to be certain, they analyze each oil using the latest state-of-the-art GC-MS technology, which can detect impurities to one part per billion. Yes! AUROMA represents the best there is in Essential Oils. We can supply the following documentation: Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- Just to smell: You can enjoy the aromatherapy of your favorite Essential oil or Blend without even taking it out of the bottle. Keep a bottle in your purse or your car. simply open-up and smell. This can be particularly helpful during times of stress.
- As a natural Perfume: Boronia Absolute is used largely used in perfumery and fragrancing. Due to Boronia’s high cost and regular adulteration, Boronia Absolute is not often used in aromatherapy. However, Oh My! AUROMA 100% pure, true Boronia Absolute possesses a beautiful, intoxicating, floral aroma with a sweet and fruity character. If you can afford it, treat yourself just once. It is uplifting!
Some of Mother Nature’s gifts are just meant to be used as she created them. Boronia Absolute is one of them!
Tisserand and Young do not indicate any special precautions when using Boronia Absolute topically. (R. Tisserand and R. Young, Essential oil safety (Second Edition. United Kingdom: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2014), 219.]
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioner.
Do not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.