Lavender Organic Essential Oil
$13.93 – $488.69
|Botanical Name:||Lavandula angustifolia|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Certified Organic***|
|Method of Extraction:||Steam Distilled|
|Part of Plant:||Fresh flowering tops|
* * * Organically grown, recognized and approved ACO (Australian Certified Organic). This product is ACO certified.
- Additional information
- AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
- AUROMA QUALITY
- BLENDS WITH
Mailhebiau compares Lavender to Mother Theresa: “Timeless, always even-tempered, with unfailing gentleness and devotion. Lanvandula cares for and calms, listens to and remedies a thousand ills. She takes care of children, adults and elderly, animals, plants, the earth & sky. She looks after everyone with equal love…” (Mailhebiau P. Portraits in Oils. The C.W. Daniel Company Limited, Great Britain, 1995)
Lavandula angustifolia is an evergreen, woody shrub, that grows to around three feet. It has arrow, slender leaves with various shades of purple to blue colored flowers. The evergreen grows best at 2,200 to 4,000 ft altitude. Lavender grown and distilled at a higher altitude has a reputation of being the best quality. The entire plant is highly aromatic. Its essential oil is obtained by distillation from the flower spikes. Lavender Essential Oil is a colorless or pale-yellow liquid of a sweet, floral, herbaceous, refreshing odor, with a pleasant, balsamic-woody undertone.
No home is complete without a bottle of Lavender. This is most likely due to the number of conditions that Lavender is thought to assist, along with being an oil that is safe to use on children, adults, and the elderly alike. Lavender is appreciated for its balancing, calming and soothing characteristics. It is thought by many to be advantageous for relieving stress, tension, and irritability.
The Aromatherapy Place offers a wide variety of AUROMA Lavender Essential Oils to suit your preference. Over time, treat yourself to a special sensual experience by trying and comparing the qualities of each. There are slight variations in odor, color, and the levels of constituents within each oil. However, the oils are similar and can be used in place of one another. Forgive me but take a moment & “Stop and Smell the Lavenders…” Visit each of our AUROMA Lavenders available at The Aromatherapy Place.
FACT: Lanvandula comes from the Latin word lavare, meaning ‘to wash.’
10ml (1/3 fl oz), 100ml (3.38 fl oz), 1kg (equiv. 37.19 fl oz)
AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
AUROMA has a wide range of organic essential oils. These are globally sourced ingredients from certified organic producers and processors. Operations at AUROMA are in full compliance with standards set by the BFA (Biological Farmers of Australia). Controls are in place to ensure a high level of batch traceability and document control. Certification is tightly controlled with annual audits from ACO (Australian Certified Organic) to ensure that ongoing standards are maintained.
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- Just to smell: You can enjoy the aromatherapy of your favorite Essential oil or Blend without even taking it out of the bottle. Keep a bottle in your purse or your car. Simply open-up and smell. This can be particularly helpful during times of stress.
- As a natural Perfume: Dab a couple drops of your most aromatic Essential Oils or Blend onto your wrists, in the same way you might use perfume. Do a patch test first before putting any Essential Oil Blend directly on your skin. See “Cautions.”
- As a massage oil: When applying essential oils or blends on the skin, a carrier oil should always be added to the mix to protect the skin from being irritated. For best results, all massage formulas should be massaged for at least 30 minutes. See “Cautions.”
- As an Air Freshener: Fill a 4-fluid ounce glass mist spray bottle with water and add your Essential Oil or Blend. Tighten the cap, shake well before using and spray the mist into the air. As the air freshener ages, the sent improves and becomes stronger. Spray around your room, your clothes, even your pillow.
- In a Diffuser: Using a diffuser with an Essential Oil or Blend is an easy way to make your space smell wonderful, while using aromatherapy to revitalize and purify your indoor space.
- Steam inhalation: Add 10 drops of your Essential Oil or Blend to a bowl of hot water. Drape a towel over your head, clothes your eyes, and inhale the vapors. Select from the following suggested oils: Cajeput, eucalyptus, lavender, lemongrass, marjoram, myrtle, peppermint, pine, rosemary, spearmint, or tea tree.
- Closet & drawer scents: Put 10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil or Blend on a cotton ball and place it inside a small, zip lock plastic bag. Leave the bag open and place it in a closet or dresser drawer to naturally scent the space. Also great for shoes, athletic bags, backpacks, anyplace needing a subtle, natural scent.
- In your laundry: Fill your washer. Add your detergent. Then, add 5 drops of your favorite Essential Oil or Blend to laundry, making it smell fresh & natural.
- On your Dryer Sheets: Add two to three drops to dryer sheets to strengthen the scent.
- For your hair: Using Essential Oil & Blends is great way to keep your hair smelling like a gift from Mother Nature. Add a couple drops to coconut oil to moisturize and perfume hair simultaneously. See “Cautions.”
- In your bathtub: When Essential Oils or Blends are added to your bath water, they can help you feel more relaxed and stress-free. Fill the bathtub with warm/hot water. Then dilute your Essential Oil or Blend in a Carrier Oil, such as Grapeseed, Almond, Hazelnut, etc. Pour the blend into the water. Swirl the water to disperse the oil evenly. Relax and enjoy the bath. See “Cautions.”
- In a hand bath: When you experience tired and aching hands, select a carrier oil such as grapeseed, sweet almond, hazelnut or sesame – to dilute the Essential Oil or Blend. Add the oils to a basin of warm water and soak your hands for 20 to 25 minutes. See “Cautions.”
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender oil on pillows, and bedding.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender Essential Oil handy for the purpose of occasional skin irritations. See “Cautions” below.
Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Labdanum, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Rose, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Thyme, Vetiver, Citrus and Floral oils.
Whenever you use Essential Oils or 100% pure Essential Oil Blends on the skin, they should be diluted in a vegetable oil. However, always check for skin sensitivity before applying the finished product to the body. See “Cautions” below.
Suggested Dilution Rates follow:
- 10ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 2 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=4 drops, 2.5%=5 drops
- 50ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 10 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=20 drops, 2.5%=25 drops
- 100ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 20 drops (1ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=40 drops (2ml), 2.5% 50=drops (2.5ml)
- 1Ltr Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 200 drops (10ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=400 drops (20ml), 2.5%=500 drops (25.ml)
Please ensure that the total number of drops does not exceed the dilution ratio. For example: 2.5% dilution = 1 drip Geranium, 2 drops Palmarosa & 2 drops Mandarin diluted in 10ml Jojoba Oil. Total drops = 5
Lavender is non-toxic. It is a very mild skin irritant which does not cause skin sensitization or phototoxicity. (Tisserand R, Bolacs T, Essential oil safety. Churchill Livingston, UK)
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioner.
Do not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.