Lemongrass Nepal Organic Essential Oil
$5.00 – $144.51
|Botanical Name:||Cymbopogon flexuosus|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Certified Organic***|
|Method of Extraction:||Steam Distillation|
|Part of Plant:||Leaves|
- Additional information
- AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
- AUROMA QUALITY
- BLENDS WITH
Cymbopogon flexuosus is a perennial fast-growing aromatic grass, growing to about 4 ft high, with long, thin leaves. It produces a network of roots and rootlets that rapidly exhaust the soil. Lemongrass Essential Oil is steam distilled from the grass. The color of the oil is yellow or amber. It has a very strong, fresh, grassy, herb-like, citrus aroma.
Also known as East Indian Lemongrass, it is a native to India. Lemongrass has been used as a culinary herb, and traditionally used as a medicine for infectious diseases and fever in the regions in which it grows. The oil remains one of the most heavily produced essential oils, used in soap, laundry, and household perfumes.
BIBLICAL OIL: “What we know today as Lemongrass was once known as ‘sweet cane,’ or ‘calamus.’ In Biblical times, calamus was used in perfumes, incense, and as an ingredient in the special holy anointing oil used by the priests in the temple.” (Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS. Bible Oils: 12 most revered oils & their historic uses)
10ml (1/3 fl oz), 100ml (3.38 fl oz), (1kg – 37.19 fl oz)
AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
AUROMA has a wide range of organic essential oils. These are globally sourced ingredients from certified organic producers and processors. Operations at AUROMA are in full compliance with standards set by the BFA (Biological Farmers of Australia). Controls are in place to ensure a high level of batch traceability and document control. Certification is tightly controlled with annual audits from ACO (Australian Certified Organic) to ensure that ongoing standards are maintained.
AUROMA Essential Oils are the highest quality essential oils available in the world today. Each oil is from an individual farmer and from a particular year’s harvest. As AUROMA knows each of the Farmers, they guarantee the authenticity of each oil. Just to be certain, they analyze each oil using the latest state-of-the-art GC-MS technology, which can detect impurities to one part per billion. Yes! AUROMA represents the best there is in Essential Oils. We can supply the following documentation: Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- Just to smell: You can enjoy the aromatherapy of your favorite Essential oil or Blend without even taking it out of the bottle. Keep a bottle in your purse or your car. Simply open-up and smell. This can be particularly helpful during times of stress.
- As a Natural Perfume: Dab a couple drops of your most aromatic Essential Oils or Blend onto your wrists, in the same way you might use perfume. Do a patch test first before putting any Essential Oil Blend directly on your skin. See “Cautions.”
- In a Diffuser: Bring the Outdoors Indoors. Using a diffuser with an Essential Oil or Blend is an easy way to make your space smell wonderful, while using aromatherapy to revitalize and purify your indoor space. Using a diffuser with Lemongrass oil is refreshing, restoring, clarifying, invigorating, and stimulating. It can be used to help clear the mind, ease headaches, release nervous tension and stress related conditions.
- As a Room Spray: Bring the Outdoors Indoors. Fill a 4-fluid ounce glass mist spray bottle with water and add your Essential Oil or Blend. Tighten the cap, shake well before using and spray the mist into the air. As the air freshener ages, the sent improves and becomes stronger. Spray around your home, your office, your clothes, your clothes, your pets, etc. Use Lemongrass to uplift your spirits and that of those who share your space.
- In Steam inhalation: Add 10 drops of Lemongrass to a bowl of hot water. Drape a towel over your head, clothes your eyes, and inhale the vapors. Select from the following suggested oils: See “Cautions.”
- In Cosmetic Applications: A fragrance component in soaps, cosmetics & perfumes. See “Cautions.”
- In Skin Care: Lemongrass is often recommended as a skin tonic and it is used in cleansing lotions and creams for its astringent [properties. See “Cautions.”
- As a Massage Oil: When applying essential oils or blends on the skin, a carrier oil should always be added to the mix to protect the skin from being irritated. For best results, all massage formulas should be massaged for at least 30 minutes. See “Cautions.”
- For your Bath: When Essential Oils or Blends are added to your bath water, they can help you feel more relaxed and stress-free. Fill the bathtub with warm/hot water. Then dilute your Essential Oil or Blend in a Carrier Oil, such as Grapeseed, Almond, Hazelnut, etc. Pour the blend into the water. Swirl the water to disperse the oil evenly. Relax and enjoy the bath. See “Cautions.”
- In a Closet or Drawer. Put 10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil or Blend on a cotton ball and place it inside a small, zip lock plastic bag. Leave the bag open and place it in a closet or dresser drawer to naturally scent the space. Also great for shoes, athletic bags, backpacks, anyplace needing a subtle, natural scent.
- In your Laundry: Fill your washer. Add your detergent. Then, add 5 drops of your favorite Essential Oil or Blend to laundry, making it smell fresh & natural.
- On your Dryer Sheets: Add two to three drops to dryer sheets to strengthen the scent.
- On your Pillows & Sheets: Sprinkle a few drops of Lemongrass oil on pillows, and bedding. In creams, lotions, and perfumes. See “Cautions” below.
- As an Insect repellent: Lemongrass has historically been used as an insect repellant in the countries in which it is grown.
Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Pine, Rose, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Thyme, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang.
Whenever you use Essential Oils or 100% pure Essential Oil Blends on the skin, they should be diluted in a vegetable oil. However, always check for skin sensitivity before applying the finished product to the body. See “Cautions” below.
Suggested Dilution Rates follow:
- 10ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 2 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=4 drops, 2.5%=5 drops
- 50ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 10 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=20 drops, 2.5%=25 drops
- 100ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 20 drops (1ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=40 drops (2ml), 2.5% 50=drops (2.5ml)
- 1Ltr Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 200 drops (10ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=400 drops (20ml), 2.5%=500 drops (25.ml)
Please ensure that the total number of drops does not exceed the dilution ratio. For example: 2.5% dilution = 1 drip Geranium, 2 drops Palmarosa & 2 drops Mandarin diluted in 10ml Jojoba Oil. Total drops = 5
Lemongrass is non-toxic. It is a very mild skin irritant which does not cause skin sensitization or phototoxicity. (Tisserand R, Bolacs T, Essential oil safety. Churchill Livingston, UK)
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioner.
Do not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.