Cardamom Essential Oil
$25.00 – $143.70
|Botanical Name:||Elettaria cardamomum|
|Geographic Origin:||Sri Lanka|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Conventional|
|Method of Extraction:||Steam Distillation|
|Part of Plant:||Seeds|
E. cardamomum is an aromatic, tall perennial, with reed-like herb, silk-like blade leaves. 1-2 years after planting, flowering begins between the blades on long stems of flowers with purple tips, followed by a 3 sided yellow-green pod. The fruit contains a compact and condensed pod of approximately 20 aromatic brownish-black seeds. The seeds are collected, and steam distilled. 5 years are required for the cardamom plant to reach optimum productivity, with a productive lifespan of up to fifteen years. Cardamom Essential Oil is an almost colorless or pale-yellow liquid which darkens when exposed to sunlight. The oil has a warm, spice-like scent with a slightly penetrating camphoraceous odor.
It is thought by many, that Cardamom may help relieve mental fatigue and nervous strain, increase clarity, concentration, and sensuality, combining refreshing, uplifting, and stimulating elements.
FACT: In India and Pakistan, it was used to communicate with the gods: The capsules were burned as incense, along with sandalwood, during religious rites. Cardamom was also used by the indigenous peoples as an active antidote for scorpion sting and snake bites.
NOTE: Cardamom is the third most expensive spice in the world, after saffron and vanilla. It was considered the “queen of spices” due of its delicious aroma and high market value. There are two main origins for Cardamom – India and Guatemala.
10ml (1/3 fl oz), 100ml (3.38 fl oz)
AUROMA Essential Oils are the highest quality essential oils available in the world today. Each oil is from an individual farmer and from a particular year’s harvest. As AUROMA knows each of the Farmers, they guarantee the authenticity of each oil. Just to be certain, they analyze each oil using the latest state-of-the-art GC-MS technology, which can detect impurities to one part per billion. Yes! AUROMA represents the best there is in Essential Oils. We can supply the following documentation: Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- Just to smell: You can enjoy the aromatherapy of your favorite Essential oil or Blend without even taking it out of the bottle. Keep a bottle in your purse or your car. Simply open-up and smell. This can be particularly helpful during times of stress.
- As a natural Perfume: Cardamom is Extensively used as a fragrance in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes. See “Cautions.”
- In a Diffuser: It is thought by many, that Cardamom may help relieve mental fatigue and nervous strain, increase clarity, concentration, and sensuality, combining refreshing, uplifting, and stimulating elements. Dab a couple drops of your most aromatic Essential Oils or Blend onto your wrists, in the same way you might use perfume. Do a patch test first before putting any Essential Oil Blend directly on your skin. See “Cautions.”
Bergamot, Black Pepper, Caraway, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Cloves, Frankincense, Labdanum, Neroli, Orange, Rose, and Ylang Ylang..
Whenever you use Essential Oils or 100% pure Essential Oil Blends on the skin, they should be diluted in a vegetable oil. However, always check for skin sensitivity before applying the finished product to the body. See “Cautions” below.
Suggested Dilution Rates follow:
- 10ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 2 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=4 drops, 2.5%=5 drops
- 50ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 10 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=20 drops, 2.5%=25 drops
- 100ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 20 drops (1ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=40 drops (2ml), 2.5% 50=drops (2.5ml)
- 1Ltr Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 200 drops (10ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=400 drops (20ml), 2.5%=500 drops (25.ml)
Please ensure that the total number of drops does not exceed the dilution ratio. For example: 2.5% dilution = 1 drip Geranium, 2 drops Palmarosa & 2 drops Mandarin diluted in 10ml Jojoba Oil. Total drops = 5
Cardamom is non-toxic, it does not irritate the skin, does not cause skin sensitization or phototoxicity. (Tisserand R, Bolacs T, Essential oil safety. Churchill Livingston, UK)
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioner.
Do not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.