Ylang Ylang Complete Organic Essential Oil
$19.11 – $147.15
|Botanical Name:||Canaga odorata|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Certified Organic***|
|Method of Extraction:||Steam Distillation|
|Part of Plant:||Flowers|
* * * Organically grown, recognized and approved ACO (Australian Certified Organic). This product is ACO certified.
- Additional information
- AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
- AUROMA QUALITY REQUIREMENTS
- BLENDS WITH
“The spirit of ylang ylang usually fits the person naturally drawn to it. Upon inhaling ylang ylang with a heavy seductive, sweet aroma, one can imagine a fiery temperamental, passionate, and erotic person with an awesome radiance and confidence, never losing their balance.” (Fisher-Rizzi S. Complete aromatherapy handbook. Sterling Publishing Company, USA, 1990.)
Canaga odorata, known as the “The Flower of the Flowers,” is a highly fragrant flower which produces an exquisite essential oil. Ylang Ylang Oil was originally produced for the perfume industry. The tree is grown and distilled in the Comoros Islands, and in Madagascar. Grown in plantations, these beautiful trees reach heights of 8 ft. They are cropped intentionally so they spread, rather than grow tall. The trees do not reach maturity until they are 4 – 5 years old and can reach up to 70 years of age. C. odorata bears numerous, large, yellow green, strongly scented flowers. The tree flowers all year around. The flowers are hand collected twice each year. Ylang Ylang is water distilled from the beautiful flowers. The color of the oil is pale yellow. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil has an intensely sweet, floral balsam-like aroma with jasmine-like overtones and a rich, creamy background.
The distillation process of Ylang Ylang is unique among Essential Oils. Madagascan distilleries produce four and often five fractions or grades of ylang ylang: Premier, Extra, First, Second and Third, the quality and price decreasing in the same order. Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is the oil from the whole distillation, without any further fractionation, or grading.
10ml (1/3 fl oz), 100ml (3.38 fl oz)
AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
AUROMA has a wide range of organic essential oils. These are globally sourced ingredients from certified organic producers and processors. Operations at AUROMA are in full compliance with standards set by the BFA (Biological Farmers of Australia). Controls are in place to ensure a high level of batch traceability and document control. Certification is tightly controlled with annual audits from ACO (Australian Certified Organic) to ensure that ongoing standards are maintained.
AUROMA QUALITY REQUIREMENTS
More about the unique Ylang Ylang distillation process follows below.
AUROMA Essential Oils are the highest quality essential oils available in the world today. Each oil is from an individual farmer and from a particular year’s harvest. As AUROMA knows each of the Farmers, they guarantee the authenticity of each oil. Just to be certain, they analyze each oil using the latest state-of-the-art GC-MS technology, which can detect impurities to one part per billion. Yes! AUROMA represents the best there is in Essential Oils. We can supply the following documentation: Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- Just to smell: You can enjoy the aromatherapy of your favorite Essential oil or Blend without even taking it out of the bottle. Keep a bottle in your purse or your car. Simply open-up and smell. This can be particularly helpful during times of stress.
- As an Aphrodisiac: Many Essential Oils stimulate metabolism and are helpful for fatigue and exhaustion, especially if this is stress induced. The tonic and stimulant action is probably responsible for their reputation as aphrodisiacs. As an example, Ylang Ylang calms the nervous system, uplifts the spirits, and is considered to be aphrodisiac in nature.
- As a Natural Perfume: Dab a couple drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil onto your wrists, in the same way you might use perfume. Do a patch test first before putting any Essential Oil Blend directly on your skin. See “Cautions.”
- In a Diffuser: Ylang Ylang is beneficial for sleeplessness. Being a warming oil, it can be used for conditions such as fear, anger, shock, stagnation and frigidity.
- In Meditation: Ylang Ylang is said by many to help create a feeling of peace. It dispels anger which is often a hindrance to meditation, healing and all spiritual activities.
- As a Room Spray: Bring the Outdoors Indoors. Fill a 4-fluid ounce glass mist spray bottle with water and add your Essential Oil or Blend. Tighten the cap, shake well before using and spray the mist into the air. As the air freshener ages, the sent improves and becomes stronger. Spray around your home, your office, your clothes, your clothes, your pets, etc.
- In Cosmetic Applications: A fragrance component in soaps, cosmetics & perfumes. See “Cautions.”
- In Skin Care: Added to skin care preparation, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is beneficial in softening and balancing the moisture in the skin. See “Cautions.”
- In Facial Care: Combine your Ylang Ylang Essential Oil and Jojoba Oil. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin, then kick back and relax. See “Cautions.”
- In Hair Care: Ylang Ylang is recommended in hare care to treat split ends. It can be used in shampoo base or massaged int the tips of the hair after shampooing with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil. See “Cautions.”
- As a Massage Oil: When applying essential oils or blends on the skin, a carrier oil should always be added to the mix to protect the skin from being irritated. For best results, all massage formulas should be massaged for at least 30 minutes. See “Cautions.”
Bergamot, Jasmine, Mimosa, Peru Balsam, Rose, Rosewood, and Vetiver
Whenever you use Essential Oils or 100% pure Essential Oil Blends on the skin, they should be diluted in a vegetable oil, or cream. However, always check for skin sensitivity before applying the finished product to the body. See “Cautions” below.
Suggested Dilution Rates follow:
- 10ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 2 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=4 drops, 2.5%=5 drops
- 50ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 10 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=20 drops, 2.5%=25 drops
- 100ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 20 drops (1ml) essential oil, or .a pure blend, 2%=40 drops (2ml), 2.5% 50=drops (2.5ml)
- 1Ltr Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 200 drops (10ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=400 drops (20ml), 2.5%=500 drops (25.ml)
Please ensure that the total number of drops does not exceed the dilution ratio. For example: 2.5% dilution = 1 drip Geranium, 2 drops Palmarosa & 2 drops Mandarin diluted in 10ml Jojoba Oil. Total drops = 5
Ylang Ylang is non-toxic. It is a very mild skin irritant, which may cause occasional skin sensitization. It is not phototoxic. (Tisserand R, Bolacs T, Essential oil safety. Churchill Livingston, UK)
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioner.
Do not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.