Angelica Root Essential Oil
$53.39 – $100.06
|Botanical Name:||Angelica archangelica|
|Geographic Origin:||Central Europe|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Conventional|
|Method of Extraction:||Steam Distillation|
|Part of Plant:||Root|
Fisher-Rizzi suggests that Angelica Root will assist people who are afraid, weak or who lack perseverance and have a tough time making decisions: “Don’t give up! Stick with it – nothing has been lost. Don’t be afraid – begin to rebuild. You are strong – nothing will knock you down.” (Fisher-Rizzi S. Complete aromatherapy handbook. Sterling Publishing Company, USA, 1990)
Angelica archangelica is a stout sturdy or perennial herb which grows up to 6 ft. Angelica Essential Oil is distilled from the roots or the seeds. Its oil is pale-yellow to orange brown. It has a peppery top note with a rich, slightly herb-like, woody base note. Beneath the peppery top note is a rich, somewhat herbaceous-earthy, note of unquestionable strength. Angelica Root essential oil is thought to have a calming influence on the user, contributing to stress relief and relaxation.
FACT: Angelica Root has been referred to as the “oil of angels,” in part because of its calming aroma. It is closely linked with Christian beliefs. One explanation for the moniker, is that it blooms on the day of Michael the Archangel. For that reason, it is used as a preservative against all things evil.
5ml (1/6 fl oz), 10ml (1/3 fl oz)
AUROMA Essential Oils are the highest quality essential oils available in the world today. Each oil is from an individual farmer and from a particular year’s harvest. As AUROMA knows each of the Farmers, they guarantee the authenticity of each oil. Just to be certain, they analyze each oil using the latest state-of-the-art GC-MS technology, which can detect impurities to one part per billion. Yes! AUROMA represents the best there is in Essential Oils. We can supply the following documentation: Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- In creams, lotions, and perfumes. See “Cautions”
Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Juniper Berry, Patchouli, Vetiver, and Citrus oil.
Whenever you use Essential Oils or 100% pure Essential Oil Blends on the skin, they should be diluted in a vegetable oil, or cream. However, always check for skin sensitivity before applying the finished product to the body.
Suggested Dilution Rates follow:
- 10ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 2 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=4 drops, 2.5%=5 drops
- 50ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 10 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=20 drops, 2.5%=25 drops
- 100ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 20 drops (1ml) essential oil, or .a pure blend, 2%=40 drops (2ml), 2.5% 50=drops (2.5ml)
- 1Ltr Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 200 drops (10ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=400 drops (20ml), 2.5%=500 drops (25.ml)
Please ensure that the total number of drops does not exceed the dilution ratio. For example: 2.5% dilution = 1 drip Geranium, 2 drops Palmarosa & 2 drops Mandarin diluted in 10ml Jojoba Oil. Total drops = 5
Angelica Root oil is non-toxic, a very mild akin irritant and does not cause skin sensitization. It is phototoxic. (Tisserand R, Bolacs T, Essential oil safety. Churchill Livingston, UK)
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun, tanning beds, or other UV rays after application to the skin.
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioneDo not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.