Palmarosa Organic Essential Oil
$7.74 – $53.81
|Botanical Name:||Cymbopogon martinii var motia|
|Method of Farming:||100% Pure – Certified Organic***|
|Method of Extraction:||Steam Distillation|
|Part of Plant:||Leaves|
* * * Organically grown, recognized and approved ACO (Australian Certified Organic). This product is ACO certified.
- Additional information
- AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
- AUROMA QUALITY
“Palmarosa is recommended for people who have suffered from nervousness and insecurity, and the frequent absence of intimate loved ones.” (Mojay G. Aromatherapy for healing the spirit. Hodder Art Press, USA, 1997) – Order today in the “Books” Category!
Palmarosa is a wild growing, herbaceous green and straw-colored grass, with long slender stems, terminal flowering tops and fragrant grassy leaves. It is harvested before the flowers appear and the highest yield is obtained when the grass is fully dried – about one week after it has been cut. Palmarosa Essential Oil is steam-distilled from wild growing, fresh or dried grass of the plant C martini. The oil is a pale-yellow or pale-olive-colored oil with a sweet, floral-rosy odor and various undertones or top notes.
10ml (1/3 fl oz), 100ml (3.38 fl oz)
AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED ORGANIC
AUROMA has a wide range of organic essential oils. These are globally sourced ingredients from certified organic producers and processors. Operations at AUROMA are in full compliance with standards set by the BFA (Biological Farmers of Australia). Controls are in place to ensure a high level of batch traceability and document control. Certification is tightly controlled with annual audits from ACO (Australian Certified Organic) to ensure that ongoing standards are maintained.
AUROMA Essential Oils are the highest quality essential oils available in the world today. Each oil is from an individual farmer and from a particular year’s harvest. As AUROMA knows each of the Farmers, they guarantee the authenticity of each oil. Just to be certain, they analyze each oil using the latest state-of-the-art GC-MS technology, which can detect impurities to one part per billion. Yes! AUROMA represents the best there is in Essential Oils. We can supply the following documentation: Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To meet the stringent demands of the professional aromatherapist, AUROMA has drafted the following seven requirements that an essential oil needs to meet so it can be used with confidence:
- BIO-TYPE: Not only does an oil have to come from a defined botanical species, but from a particular genetic strain.
- CHEMO-TYPE: The same botanical species can often produce completely different constituents.
- GEO-TYPE: Oils from a particular area are often of superior quality. Examples are Rose Oil Bulgarian or Sandalwood East Indian.
- COMPLETE OR WHOLE: The oil should come from a single distillation and should not be rectified.
- WILD OR ORGANIC: Where possible, AUROMA always selects the wild growing plants for distillation. When wild types are not available, AUROMA commissions farmers who do not use pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Certified Organic options are available.
- EX STILL: AUROMA distills small lots of expensive oils in-house and advises farmers on distillation methods.
- ANALYYSIS: Oils are tested by AUROMA in Australia with the most advanced state-of- the-art equipment in the world.
- Just to smell: You can enjoy the aromatherapy of your favorite Essential oil or Blend without even taking it out of the bottle. Keep a bottle in your purse or your car. Simply open-up and smell. This can be particularly helpful during times of stress.
- As a Natural Perfume: Dab a couple drops of your most aromatic Essential Oils or Blend onto your wrists, in the same way you might use perfume. Do a patch test first before putting any Essential Oil Blend directly on your skin. See “Cautions.”
- In a Diffuser: Palmarosa oil is beneficial during time of stress, to refresh and clarify the mind, it has a calming yet uplifting effect. May help to relieve physical and nervous exhaustion, stress-related problems, and nervousness anxieties.
- As a Room Spray: Bring the Outdoors Indoors. Fill a 4-fluid ounce glass mist spray bottle with water and add your Essential Oil or Blend. Tighten the cap, shake well before using and spray the mist into the air. As the air freshener ages, the sent improves and becomes stronger. Spray around your home, your office, your clothes, your clothes, your pets, etc.
- In Cosmetic Applications: A fragrance component in soaps, cosmetics & perfumes. See “Cautions.”
- In Skin Care: Palmarosa is used extensively in skin care. It is antiseptic and has hydrating properties. The oil moisturizes the skin, while balancing the hydration levels and stimulating cell regeneration. It is thought to keep the skin supple and elastic, easing minor skin irritations and wrinkles. See “Cautions.”
- In Facial Care: Combine your favorite Essential Oil and coconut oil. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin, then kick back and relax.
- As a Massage Oil: When applying essential oils or blends on the skin, a carrier oil should always be added to the mix to protect the skin from being irritated. For best results, all massage formulas should be massaged for at least 30 minutes. See “Cautions.”
Bergamot, Cananga, Cedarwood, Clove, Coriander, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Guaiacwood, Juniper, Lemongrass, Lime, Rosemary, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Ylang-Ylang and Citrus oils
Whenever you use Essential Oils or 100% pure Essential Oil Blends on the skin, they should be diluted in a vegetable oil. However, always check for skin sensitivity before applying the finished product to the body. See “Cautions” below.
Suggested Dilution Rates follow:
- 10ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 2 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=4 drops, 2.5%=5 drops
- 50ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 10 drops essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=20 drops, 2.5%=25 drops
- 100ml Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 20 drops (1ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=40 drops (2ml), 2.5% 50=drops (2.5ml)
- 1Ltr Base Product: A 1% dilution requires a total of 200 drops (10ml) essential oil, or a pure blend, 2%=400 drops (20ml), 2.5%=500 drops (25.ml)
Please ensure that the total number of drops does not exceed the dilution ratio. For example: 2.5% dilution = 1 drip Geranium, 2 drops Palmarosa & 2 drops Mandarin diluted in 10ml Jojoba Oil. Total drops = 5
Palmarosa is non-toxic. It is a very mild skin irritant which does not cause skin sensitization or phototoxicity. (Tisserand R, Bolacs T, Essential oil safety. Churchill Livingston, UK)
The Aromatherapy Place does not recommend ingesting essential oils unless a specific dosage instruction is given to a consumer by a qualified medical practitioner.
Do not apply directly to skin. May case skin irritation in some individuals. Always dilute with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use on the skin.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Please check with a professional for safe essential oils to use with children or the elderly. Do not use essential oils on a child younger than two years without professional advice.
We recommended that Essential Oils or 100% pure and natural Blends be stored in amber or cobalt blue glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life. Keep away from excessive heat and light. A bathroom, bedroom or kitchen cabinet should be a good storage location.